Position: Communications Intern
Opportunity Type: Internship
Pay Type: Unpaid
Period of Employment: Summer 2015
Job Status: Part-time
Industry: Legal Services
Job Function: Marketing and Communication
Desired Majors: Marketing, Communication, English, Liberal Arts
The Villanova Law Clinic is an in-house law firm in which students represent clients under the direct supervision of a full-time member of the Villanova Law School faculty. Located in the Villanova Law School, the office includes the Civil Justice Clinic, CARES (Clinic for Asylum, Refugee and Emigrant Services), the Federal Tax Clinic, the Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship, the Farmworkers Legal Aid Clinic, and the Interdisciplinary Health Law Clinic. Law clinic students work in various legal settings and they experience the satisfaction of functioning as a professional representing a client who otherwise may not receive legal representation.
As a marketing and communications intern, you will collaborate with students, faculty, and administrators to advertise the clinical programs to current and prospective Villanova Law students.
• Create and update slideshow content for Eboard outside of the clinic office
• Manage social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
• Conduct interviews with student lawyers and their clients for social media and online content
• Create slidedocs for clinic website
• Write posts for legal education blogs
• Background in marketing, writing, and social media
• Experience with interviewing
• Interest in law, higher education, or marketing a plus
How To Apply:
Apply Email: email@example.com
Applications for this position will be accepted between 4/25/15 and 5/15/15.
Application Requirements: You must include resume with your application for this position.
--Beth Lyon: Professor of Law, Director of Farmworkers’ Legal Aid Clinic
--Michael Campbell: Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Director of Interdisciplinary Mental and Physical Health Law Clinic