Welcome to the blog for the Villanova English department! Visit often for updates on department events, guest speakers, faculty and student accomplishments, and reviews and musings from professors and undergraduates alike.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Elizabeth Eby in Denmark

Senior English major Elizabeth Eby spent the spring semester studying in Denmark.  Below are pictures from her visit to Kronborg Castle, the setting for Shakespeare's Hamlet. 

Adds Elizabeth, "It's hard to tell, but I'm sporting my English department t-shirt. The castle is situated in Helsingør (Elsinore in English), a quaint Danish town. One of the highlights of my visit was the chance to explore the casemates, which are dark underground passages where soldiers would hide from enemies back in the day.  My visit to the castle made me excited to take Dr. Dailey's Shakespeare class this fall!"