Welcome to the blog for the Villanova English department! Visit often for updates on department events, guest speakers, faculty and student accomplishments, and reviews and musings from professors and undergraduates alike.

Friday, October 6, 2017

Greetings from Recent Graduate Sydney Czech

A message from recent Villanova graduate and English major Sydney Czech (class of 2017)!

Hello, fellow Literary Wildcats,
I just started at Penguin Random House as a Library Marketing Assistant a little over a week ago. Here at PRH, they have rows and rows of “Take” shelves where you literally can just take books home with you, even some that aren’t officially published yet! As I was browsing through the take shelves, I happened upon Professor Drew’s Shadow Man and got so excited. I brought the book back to my desk and shared with my team how awesome it was to have a Villanova professor published here! Although I never had Professor Drew, I have always heard great things about him and I'm super excited to start reading his book. So, overall, not only is it great to have a little piece of Villanova with me here in New York, it’s also a remembrance of all the great professors that I had at Villanova that got me to where I am today.