Entrepreneur Works is a non-profit organization that creates pathways of opportunity for talented entrepreneurs. Across the Philadelphia region our clients start and grow small businesses, create jobs for themselves and their neighbors, and strengthen the local economy. Entrepreneur Works offers access to small business loans, training and one-on-one guidance to hundreds of entrepreneurs each year, empowering individuals from all walks of life to prosper and build sustainable communities. For more information, click here.
Are you interested in helping small business owners in the Philadelphia area tell their stories? Here at Entrepreneur Works we’re looking for an intern with social media savvy, excellent writing skills, event planning know-how, and a passion for working on behalf of underserved entrepreneurs. The Marketing & Events Intern will be a key member of our small marketing team and event planning committee, so expect lots of hands-on experience!
The main focus of the internship will be on helping staff and volunteers to plan and promote our annual fundraising event, Taste of Success (to be held on April 20, 2014). However, other projects may include:
• Interviewing Entrepreneur Works clients about their entrepreneurial journeys, and helping to create client “success story” profiles to include on our web site
• Helping staff to manage our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages
• Working on stories for our e-newsletter
• We are certainly open to new ideas! If you think you can make an impact through another original project or initiative, we’d love to hear about it.
We are looking for an intern to work approximately 5-7 hours per week. Exact start date is negotiable.
Compensation & Other Benefits:
This is an unpaid internship opportunity. Students looking for course credit are encouraged to apply!
The intern will also have the chance to gain experience and build skills in: writing and packaging marketing materials to promote a local nonprofit; event planning; fundraising and resource development; and the ins and outs of working for a small, community-oriented nonprofit organization, particularly one that serves traditionally underserved entrepreneurs.
Appropriate Areas of Study:
Students majoring in English, Communications, Non-Profit Management and/or Community Development are especially encouraged to apply, but the position is open to students of any major with strong writing skills and a passion for helping local small business owners.
Software & Technology Used for Position:
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher)
- Drupal content management system (similar to WordPress)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5.0 (particularly InDesign)
Skills and Attributes:
- Superb written communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Experience in social media, marketing and/or event planning
- Passion for working on behalf of a diverse population of entrepreneurs
- Interest microfinance and entrepreneurship development
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Please email a brief letter of interest and resume to Rebecca Gerber at email@example.com. Please write “Social Media & Marketing Intern” in the Subject Line. No phone calls, please!